Sinful chocolate cupcakes filled with chocolate ganache and topped with vanilla buttercream. Perfect with a glass of milk!
Bust out your cupcake pans bakers!! These cupcakes are the BEST chocolate cupcakes you’ll ever make. They are super moist and filled with a surprise ganache center. The coffee granules enhance the chocolate flavor so do not skip this ingredient. Enjoy!
Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
For the ganache filling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder or instant coffee granules
For the buttercream frosting, I used this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 325 and line cupcake pan with liners.
- Mix dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add milk, oil, vanilla, egg on medium speed. Reduce speed and add boiling water for about 1 minute on high speed. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full. Bake for 20 minutes
- Once cupcakes have cooled, add about 1 tsp of ganache filling to each cupcake.
- Top with your favorite buttercream frosting and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips
PS Looking for other cupcake recipe ideas?
Lastly, if you try these cupcakes make sure to comment below on my post and of course tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how they turn out!