These light and fluffy peach streusel muffins are full of fresh summertime peaches and topped with a layer of brown sugar streusel.
These peach muffins are perfect for summertime and the best way to use up peaches from the farmers market. They’re perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee or after dinner to enjoy while watching Netflix with a cup of tea. Hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups (219g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons milk, at room temperature
- 1 and 3/4 cups peeled, chopped peaches
1/3 cup (67g) packed light or dark brown sugar
1 Tablespoon (15g) granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup (84g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Make the muffins: Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, then turn up to high speed until the mixture is combined and mostly creamy.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. With the mixer running on low speed, add the dry ingredients and milk into the wet ingredients and beat until no flour pockets remain.
- Fold in the chopped peaches.
- Make the streusal topping: Mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter together in a small bowl until combined. Add the flour and use a fork to gently mix until crumbs form.
- Fill muffin liners with batter using an ice cream scoop. Top with struesal and bake for 5 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for another 18 minutes.