- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large Eggland’s Best egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Fold in coconut and walnuts.
- Press two-thirds of dough onto the bottom of a greased 13×9-in. baking pan. Spread with preserves; crumble remaining dough over preserves. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.