Amazingly delicious brown sugar based blondies topped with chocolate chunks and flaky sea salt.
These chocolate chunk blondies are the perfect recipe to whip up on a week night. They take about 10-15 minutes to comes together and only around 35 minutes to bake in the oven. So easy and so good!
I made these with my roommate Kajal the other night because we were craving something sweet. It was late and I didn’t have time to make anything extravagant. We also are in the process of moving out of our apartment so we had limited baking equipment to work with (most of our stuff is sadly already packed) plus very limited ingredients to work with. Cue the blondies.
If you have sugar, eggs, butter and chocolate then this recipe is for you. It uses all pantry staples and while it’s not the healthiest, it does the trick and solves any late night chocolate cravings.
How to make these blondies
The recipe is super super simple. The most time consuming part is measuring out the dry ingredients.
- You’ll need two cups of flour (I recommend spooning in the flour into the measuring cup rather than scooping it out).
- Add to the flour mixture to 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Now comes the unhealthy part. You’ll melt a cup of butter in the microwave. I know. It’s bad. But diet starts later. While the butter is melting away, you’ll measure out 2 cups of brown sugar. Again. I know. It’s super bad for you but alas.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, 2 eggs plus another egg yolk. Once it’s combined then gradually fold in the flour mixture. Once it’s barely combined and you still have some flour not completely incorporated, pour in a little less than 1 cup of your chocolate chunks and stir in (I reserve a small handful for the end).
- With the remainder handful of chocolate you’ve saved, top it on top of the bars. Then pour it into a 9 X 9 or 8 X 8 bake pan. I usually line my baking pans with parchment paper so it’s easier to pull out at the end (and great for slicing).
- Then stick it into a 350 degree oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Voila! So easy!!!
These blondies will make your apartment/house smell absolutely divine. When they’re ready top with flakey sea salt and serve with ice-cream or just plain! They’re great warm and roll your eyes backward good. Eat while watching your favorite reality show (we ate these while watching Love Island) and you have yourself the perfect weeknight!
Your Girl Geneveive
Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Looking for other bar recipes? Try these:
Lastly, if you try these chocolate chunk blondies make sure to comment below on my post and of course tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how they turn out!