Delicious fluffy banana cream pie filled with a luscious homemade whipped topping, vanilla pudding and layered banana slices.
Happy Sunday everyone! Today I’m sharing one of my favorite pie recipes of all time! Banana cream pie. And let me tell you all this pie is BANANAS B-A-N-A-N-A-S (sorry I couldn’t help myself).
The Set Up
You’ll want to go ahead and make the crust first. I am sharing a graham cracker crust I used but if you have a favorite pie crust to use, go ahead! The crust takes about Into the crust, we’ll layer the tender banana slices and then the homemade pudding filling.
Certainly not diet food, but diets do not belong in pies.
I’m sharing the full recipe dEATS below:
Banana Cream Pie
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 14 graham crackers about 7 ounces
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons water
For the Pie Filling:
- 2 cups heavy cream whipped firm and divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (3.4 ounces)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the graham crackers in the food processor. Pulse until the crackers are chopped to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon, pulse to combine. Add 1 teaspoon of water and pulse a couple more times. If the crumbs are moist and pinch together well, dump into a pie pan. If not, repeat with another teaspoon of water and proceed.
Press the graham cracker mixture
firmly against the bottom and sides of the deep pie pan
. Then bake for 8-10 minutes.
For the Filling:
- Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream with the 3 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla. Whip until the whipped cream is VERY firm. Scoop into a separate bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, thoroughly whisk the instant pudding powder and 1 cup milk together, until well combined.
- Using the mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Then with the mixer still running, add the sweetened condensed milk and pudding mixture. Scrape the bowl and beat until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in half the whipped cream.
- Spread a thin layer of the filling over the bottom and sides of the cooled pie crust. Cut 3-4 bananas into chunks. Press the chunks to the bottom and sides of the pie crust. Then scoop the remaining filling into the crust.
- Smooth the filling, top with the remaining whipped cream, cover gently with plastic wrap, and chill for at least three hours.
- When you are ready to serve the pie, decorate the top with more fresh cut banana chunks and toasted coconut.Add 1 teaspoon of water and pulse a couple more times. If the crumbs are moist and pinch together well, dump into a pie pan. If not, repeat with another teaspoon of water and proceedPress the graham cracker mixture firmly against the bottom and sides of the deep pie pan. Then bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
Oreo Peanut Butter Pie
Salted Caramel Apple Pie
Lastly, if you try this pie make sure to comment below on my post and of course tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out!