Delicious ramen with beef, shallots, lots of garlic, and spinach!
If you try this ramen make sure to comment below on my post and of course tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how the dish turns out!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef, chicken, or pork
- 1 cup of spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated (or 2 teaspoons dried ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ramen (3 squares)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup fresh basil or cilantro, roughly torn
- carrots, green onions, and limes, for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the shallots and cook until the shallots begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Stir in the beef, garlic, and spices. Brown all over, breaking the beef up as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, and honey. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the sauce coats the beef, about 5-8 minutes.
3. Cook the noodles. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil the ramen according to package directions, until al dente. Before you drain the noodles scoop out about 1/2 cup cooking water, drain.
3. Add the noodles and 1/4 cup of the reserved water to the beef. Add the butter, spinach, and basil, tossing to combine. Serve with toppings