Delicious sesame chicken covered with rice, fried egg, and finished with a kick of fresh ginger. YUM!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1-2 teaspoon chili flakes use to your taste
- 3 eggs, beaten (optional)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or sesame oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 cups cooked, day-old rice
- ½ cup fresh basil
1. To make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hoisin sauce, and chili flakes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs (if using), season with salt and pepper, and let cook until the edges start to set, 1-2 minutes. Roughly scramble the eggs. Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil shimmers add the frozen stir fry veggies and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are crisping on the edges, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and large pinch of pepper. Stir in the green onions, ginger, garlic, and spinach. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until the veggies are caramelized. Remove from the heat and transfer the mushrooms and greens to the plate with the eggs.
4. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add the chicken and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the sauce, cook another 1-2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining sauce, toss, cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the veggie spinach and eggs. Remove from the heat. Add the basil
Lastly, if you try this fried rice make sure to comment below on my post and of course tag me on Instagram. Would love to see it turns out!