Chewy chocolate crinkle cookies with a silky caramel filling. These cookies are perfect with a glass of milk!
This recipe is from Half Baked Harvest and I’m sharing it below. They’re so easy to make and so delicious! Go to her website for more details.
Caramel Stuffed Crinkles
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- chocolate caramels for stuffing
- flakey sea salt
1.Melt together the butter, milk chocolate, and chocolate chips until melted and smooth in the microwave. Let cool completely.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Add in vanilla extract, instant coffee and the melted chocolate/butter, beating until combined.
3. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, mix until just combined. Divide the dough in half. Cover each disk of dough in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour in the fridge. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Roll the dough into tablespoon size balls. Flatten the dough slightly into a round and add the chocolate covered caramel. Scoop another tablespoon of dough out and flatten it slightly. Place the dough over the caramel, sealing the edges together.
5. Bake for 10-14 minutes, until just set on the edges, but puffed in the center. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with flaky salt!