Delicious buttery linzer cookies. Traditional linzer cookies are made with almond flour..this recipe is a great alternative if you don’t have AF on hand.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons seedless raspberry or apricot jam
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, almond, vanilla and cinnamon and salt in bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add flour; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a ball; flatten slightly. Wrap each in plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch cookie cutters. Cut out center from half of cookies using smaller decorative cookie cutter. Place cookies, 1 inch apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Place cooled cookies with center cut-out onto waxed paper; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Spread bottom-side of cookies without cut-out with 1/4 teaspoon jam. Top with center cut-out cookie, powdered sugar-side up.