Happy Tuesday! I’m excited to announce that I’ve recently partnered with Zulay Kitchen!
The best part about baking is looking for new gadgets to make my life easier. So when the opportunity to collaborate with Zulay Kitchen came up, I was beyond excited. Zulay Kitchen is a family-owned company with a wide variety of kitchen products they pride themselves on! At Zulay Kitchen they focus on product quality and bring customers products that they use themselves in their very own kitchens. I knew partnering with them was just the right fit for me.
Baking can be pretty exact — it’s almost a science getting your dessert to turn out just right. For that reason, I don’t like to mess around with my measurements. When I’m baking or cooking, there’s almost always a moment when I’ll dig through my drawer looking for measuring spoons to measure out spices, baking powder, salt, and more. While it takes extra time measuring everything out, I really am a big believer that this ultimately ensures the best end result.
Zulay was kind enough to send me their stainless steel 8-piece measuring spoons. These measuring spoons are both durable and functional. They are two sided which is awesome because I don’t have to rinse them when I switch between dry and wet ingredients. The spoons are also magnetic which makes it easy to keep them together in my kitchen drawer. It’s the dream and seriously a game changer!
I tested out the new product this past weekend when I made Chai Vanilla Cupcakes. These cupcakes are perfect for this time of year and have all of the warmth of Fall spices.
Tips for making the cupcakes:
- Use Room Temperature ingredients: I like to leave my eggs and butter out for at least an hour before using. This will help all of your ingredients incorporate better.
- Be precise when measuring out your wet and dry ingredients: I’ll be using my Zulay Measuring Spoons from here on out!
- Pumpkin Spice: The real star of the show is pumpkin spice. You can find this usually at any grocery store. Don’t skip out on this ingredient! You can also make your own if you don’t have this in your pantry!
Chai Vanilla Cupcakes
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz package of organic cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup of organic salted butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 – 4 cups of powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ tsp of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Beat together the melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, brown sugar and eggs. Slowly add in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate them into the wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Beat together the cream cheese and butter for about 2 minutes. Then slowly add in the powdered sugar. Add in the pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Ice your cupcakes once they are cooled. Top with cinnamon sugar!
Lucky for you guys, Zulay also shared a discount code for you all to use on their website. Check out all of their amazing products and Get Your Zulay Measuring Spoons Here (Use Code JEN10 for 10% off). The code is good for any product on their website! Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and treat yourself to some new kitchen products!
PS Looking for other recipe ideas?
Lastly, if you try these cupcakes make sure to comment below on my post and of course tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how they turn out!
This post is sponsored by Zulay Kitchen. All text and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Taste of Genevieve possible!