Delicious buttery thumbprints with raspberry and apricot filling. These are so addicting, you won’t be able to have just one!
One of my favorite Christmas cookies is thumbprints! I love them with a cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon. They’re also great with a glass of milk after dinner!
I’ve made thumbprints several times and they can be very tricky! Your dough can be crumbly, they can crack on you or lose their shape.
I tried a new recipe this year that was inspired by Frosting and Fettucini’s recipe. I was intrigued by the cream cheese addition. This recipe is also different in that you fill your cookies with jam after they are baked!
While these cookies are delicious, there is still some room for improvement. I’m going to try making these again and make some additional tweaks but I’ll share the recipe I adapted/edited in the meantime. Hope you all enjoy!
Raspberry Almond Thumbprints
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam and 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp milk or enough until it comes together to the consistency of shampoo
- Mix the butter and sugar on high speed and slowly add in your egg and vanilla.
- Add in cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla and orange zest. Add in almond extract
- Mix flour and salt in a separate bowl and slowly add in to your wet ingredients.
- Form 1 tbsp balls of dough and drop onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- With your thumb, press down in the center of each cookie dough. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, let them cool about 15 minutes. Then add your jam to the centers of each cookie.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk!
3 Comments Add yours