Delicious molasses cookies filled with warm spices. Soft and chewy cookies with a crackly sugar outside topping.
These cookies are so delicious, you won’t be able to have just one! They’re packed with brown sugar and all of the delicious warm spices of the holiday season.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups (280g) all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the softened butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Gradually add in the egg, vanilla, and molasses.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves and nutmeg
- Add in dry ingredients on low speed and mix until dough comes together.
- Transfer dough to plastic wrap and tightly cover. Stick in refrigerator for an hour to chill
- Roll cookie dough (1 tbsp of dough for each cookie) and roll in granulated sugar. Drop on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 11 minutes at 350 degrees.
PS Looking for other holiday cookie recipe ideas?
Lastly, if you try these cookies make sure to comment below on my post and of course tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how they turn out!