The perfect skillet chocolate chip cookie. Filled with chocolate chips and topped with chocolate chunks. Serve warm and top with ice cream.
This recipe is so easy and great to whip up when you are craving something sweet. Plus all you need is a cast iron skillet to make this. No hand mixer or kitchen aid needed. It’s warm, gooey and roll your eyes backwards good.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (I’ve also used peanut butter chips before)
- Ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 10 inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat stirring often until it is completely melted. Turn heat to low and add sugar and brown sugar, stirring well.
- Chill for 10 minutes in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Remove from refrigerator or freezer and add eggs and vanilla and stir well.
- Stir in dry ingredients — flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in chocolate and stir to combine — make sure to check to see if dough is at room temperature before adding chocolate to prevent melting.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Top with ice cream and eat warm!
PS Looking for other cookie recipe ideas?
Lastly, if you try this skillet cookie make sure to comment below on my post and of course tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how they turn out!