Delicious Red velvet cupcakes topped with amazing cream cheese frosting! Everyone will love them!
Red velvets are my absolute favorite cupcakes! This recipe is fool proof – you must give it a try. Hope you enjoy!
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 eggs
- Red food coloring
- 1 to 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake papers in a cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients including the butter until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add the red food coloring until you reach the desired color.
- Distribute the batter evenly into cupcake papers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ½ pounds confectioners sugar sifted
- 2 8 oz blocks cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5mL
- Pinch kosher salt
- Cream the butter.
- Add room temperature cream cheese to the creamed butter. Add vanilla and a pinch of salt. Beat together.
- Add the confectioners sugar in cups. Mix until combined.
- Top cupcakes